Sunday, January 08, 2006

Incidentally

Well, I survived the first week of the new year. It was an eventful week and I'm ashamed to say that I've not done so well with my resolutions, other than Katie's devotions. She LOVES that new Bible! Shame on me, and we move on... We made it to the aquarium, Em got the 2 day version of the stomach flu (after the 12 hour version), I've got another cold, I survived my nightmare Friday and the surprise field trip. Needless to say, I did nothing this weekend!

Cody's grandmother called. He's doing much better, but the bills are starting to pile up. He needs all kinds of orthodontic work totaling around $2,400.00 - too bad his father cancelled his dental plan! Fortunately, no surgery necessary and he seems to be in much better spirits. It will take 6 months for his gum inside his mouth to heal. She said his split lip healed very nicely. All pretty good news, except for the money. What do people do without insurance? I think we take it for granted!!

Incidentally, my Friday fiasco took me to "The Other Barn" in Columbia. Apparently, they have this kid's theater on Fridays, which is what we went for. T informed me when I returned home that that is where our church used to meet way back when. Funny - I was in the place where it started and the place where we are now (new building) in just one week!! The Other Barn sits next to a barn, both used to be working barns, complete with stalls and silos. They have been converted into meeting places, offices, stores, etc. The silo was the stairwell. I imagine it was a fun place to meet for church!! We've come a long, long way from that barn!

Tonight we went to Friendly's with T's parents to celebrate Em's birthday (which is really on Tuesday). We had a fun time. The girls love it there and T's parents, who are Chinese, can tolerate it in small doses. We have found few American restaurants they will bother to join us at, so we typically end up there. Not the best for a weight watcher like me, but once in a while...

Well, I'm off to add in all my links so that T won't give me a hard time! Hope everyone had a great first week of the new year. Mine will be, well, memorable!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, love your blog! You motivated me to start a journal, however I am horrible with actually keeping up with it. I don't think I am quite ready to do a blog, my thoughts are way too random for the world to see!

deanna said...

Hey neighbor! So glad you stopped by. I keep telling you it's fun, addictive... Congratulations on that Master's Degree - well earned! So, I guess you read about my crazy Friday... Doesn't get any crazier, huh? See you around - love your cute page!!! I'm so jealous about Disney - can you tell@_@

Anonymous said...

Em's birthday is on the 10th? So is mine! What a coincidence!

deanna said...

Oh, that's funny!! Must be a popular one. Happy Birthday, one day early!