Friday, January 20, 2006

Christmas in Connecticut!

I'm so excited - it's still Christmas here!! Sometimes I wonder what people in Maryland think of me. Last week, last Thursday to be exact, we were the last ones in our neighborhood to take down our Christmas decorations. It was sad!! After Em's party Saturday, the moms who were there were talking about how wonderful it is once all the Christmas decorations are packed away. I thought they were crazy, but I guess I should have added that to my weird list! I would love it if Christmas were year round.
Tonight, as we were leaving my moms house to go out to dinner, I was standing on the front porch (one other thing I LOVE about New England) and I yelled in to my mom, laughing, "You still have your Christmas wreath up!!" She said, "Yeah, I know. So does everyone else!" Sure enough, as we drove around town tonight, there were still wreaths, Christmas lights, TREES and garland everywhere. At least there is one area of the country that still has the Christmas spirit and isn't afraid to show it! Even without a flake of snow to be found, it's still Christmas in Connecticut!

No comments: