Thursday, January 05, 2006

Major Pet Peeve

I have a lot of pet peeve's (I am type A, afterall!) but by far the most annoying is the "driving while celling" one. It is so dangerous and so obvious. Today, during my short trip, every person who was driving wayyyy under the speed limit on major 55mph+ roads had a phone stuck to their ear. I was even behind a woman who almost ran her Lexus SUV off the road all for a happy little conversation. It's just plain stupid and not only is it dangerous for the drivers but for every other person on the road. I've seen teenagers who are more responsible behind the wheel!!

In CT this past year they passed a hands free driving law and I think it's a great idea. Just a couple weeks ago my mom was relating to me a story that was big up there because a man caused a huge accident because he was text messaging while driving. I've done this before so my mom was just trying to rub it in. I typically do this while at traffic lights to 1) avoid a conversation from starting, 2) to let T know that I'm almost at his work. He's pretty much the only person I talk to on my cell or text message.

PLEASE - people. Consider the risk that you pose driving while absorbed in your phone. You are annoying, obnoxious, unsafe and dangerous. I would put this at an even greater peeve level than women doing their makeup while driving! or someone reading direction while driving! or playing with your stereo!!! (OK, so I'm REALLY type A - I know...) I do think it's time to make this driving while celling illegal!

No comments: