Friday, January 13, 2006

The Frazzled Party Mom!

My posts have been thin and non-existent - sorry, for anyone who checks!! Tomorrow is Em's big Dora party and I'm not sure I'm even halfway ready. I offered for her to have this party anywhere else but here, but my homebody baby only wanted a Dora party at home. I am not kidding you - this is MUCH more expensive than gymnastics, Build-A-Bear or any other kind of party. Not to mention the amount of cleaning, preparing, planning.... I'm pooped and the party hasn't even begun!!

Em is so excited, though. She plopped her head on her pillow last night, clenched her fists together and in a loud whisper, with a huge smile on her face she said, "It's almost my party day!! YIPPEE!" It's fun as a parent to do something special for your child, even if it does require some extreme commitment and time. I'm hoping not to get so stressed (like I normally do) that I can't enjoy her party with her. Of course, my list is enormous and cooperation is at a very low level at home. We all have differing definitions of "clean," "now," and "need." My definition is pretty straight forward, of course, while everyone else's is sketchy at best! After 3PM on Saturday, you can find me (or not!) locked in my room in a full bubble bath. Don't come lookin'!

No comments: