Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Kind of Winter

One of the warmest Januarys on record here in the DC area. I'm loving it!! I can't stand snow, which is kind of funny considering I grew up in New England. Maryland snow has always been a bit more tolerable for me, but this winter? It's going to rank up there as one of the best! However... the year I moved here, in 1992, I was driving around with the top down in my Cabriolet on New Year's Eve - at midnight! It was around 70 degrees. In March of that year, a huge blizzard that shut down the state for a week. So, while I'm out enjoying these unseasonable temperatures, I'm not expecting an early spring. I'm waiting for the blizzard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I remember the winter I was pregnant with Max it was so warm but around the middle of March we got the biggest blizzard in 50 years...I'm just waiting for the blizzard. We get the most snow of the year in February and March here...hope it doesn't make up for all of the snow we've missed this year!

deanna said...

When the snow comes, let's plan to meet somewhere in Hawaii!! I hope you get a little snow for your birthday snow fun!