Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Pampered Chef

So, this is how it goes... I agree to have this party, I plan it around my one friend, who I know will attend come hell or high water, and as the party date approaches, family crisis!! What can I do? It's completely out of my hands!! Oh well, not plan parties around my friends. But really, in a nutshell, most of the people who I thought would come are not, and more people who I never even thought of are coming. A neighbor of mine sent me an email from her friend who can't come but wants to place an order. It's hysterical!! Here goes:

I would like to invest in your neighbor's party. Here's my order:

Serrated Bread Knife - $8.50

Paring Knife - $14.75

Chef's Knife - $25.75

Carving set - $45.00

Hold-n-slice - $3.50

Meat Lifters - $25.00

Yes, this is spurred by my lack of proper tools at this past Thanksgiving festivities.

I added the bold, because when I read this, I completely laughed out loud!! I wish she could come Friday night, because I'm sure she'd be a lot of fun, which is really why, in some sadistic way, I don't mind having these parties. They always end up being lots of fun!

This past weekend I went to the Christmas Tree Shoppe (which is one of the best things about New England!!!) and got a few party items. I then visited the Yankee Candle Shop, per the advice from my sister-in-law who works there, to take advantage of their 12 for $12 votive sale - once again, for the party. Now, if no one shows up, at least I will be stocked up on votives!!

I really am hoping for some people to show up - that's always nice for the person doing the show! My friend, C, who is doing this show is originally from England and has the accent to boot. That, in itself, makes the show fun!! Or, should I say, brilliant! in that delightful way that Brits exclaim. So, should you happen to be in or around the area and would like to stop in, you are welcome to join us! The more the merrier - and I know, there really is no such thing as a pampered chef. Just humor me a bit here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I need to come visit your site more often - it always makes me laugh. :-) B is my friend who is living in Bosnia right now. She LOVES to cook which, as you can imagine, can be quite a challenge in Bosnia!!

deanna said...

Haha! I was wondering if you'd stop in!! And I thought that was your friend from Bosnia. Our other neighbor is buying a bunch of stuff to take to Panama - what? no Pampered Chef in those countries??? That's because they all REALLY know how to cook!