Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Girl Stuff

If you're a guy, no need to read on!! A week ago I mentioned going into a store at the mall with my mom and sister-in-law called Sephora. I never go into stores like this for one simple reason: I'm allergic to everything in there! I can't stand the smells, especially all mixed together, and everytime I put anything on my face I either break out or I lose things, like eyelashes, eyebrows, etc. I can't really afford to lose anything like that!

My sister-in-law HAD to go in because she suffers from a similar issue, however she LOVES make-up, I do not! Her dermatologist recommended that she use only Almay or Clinique, and seeing as I have needed some help with my skin lately (getting older is becoming unsightly!) I thought I should really try to find something. Well, neither of those particular products are available in Sephora (at least not that I know of...) but there is this other expensive kit you can buy... You know, nothing that works is ever cheap.

Annnyyyywayyyy, (my husband hates it when I start a paragraph with that word, so I'm having fun with it in my girls only post!), my mom bought this "bare escentuals" kit for me to try. It was $60 (way more than I'd ever spend on make-up!) and it consists of 4 powders, 3 brushes, and a cream I have yet to try. Now, I was a bit skeptical that this would work for me. I have very fair skin, LOTS of freckles, some blemishes, dry skin, oily skin, blonde eyebrows and eyelashes... not much you can do for that.

In the past I've tried other expensive make-ups. For my wedding I tried Mary Kay. I walked down the aisle with almost no eyelashes and penciled in eyebrows. I won't be using that again!! I tried Arbonne last year and promptly broke out. The consultant said I could "trade in" anything that didn't work, but the whole thing was just too confusing for me. I gave it all away! I've never gone for the department store counters, but I was heading there this year for certain, so when my sister-in-law showed all this to me, I decided to try it.

I've been using this stuff now for a week and I think I can safely say that it seems to be hypo-allergenic for me, I've not had a complete break out. I do have a small part of my eyebrow that is itchy and flaky, but I'm thinking it's not related to the make-up - at least I hope it isn't. I don't feel like I'm wearing a ton a make up, which is great for me. I hate the itchy feeling of having my face covered in goo. I just don't like it! I'm going to stick with this stuff for a bit because I really need the SPF protection and lotions are just something my skin can't manage!

So that's my review of this product - I hope I got the name correct!! My mom has offered to take it all off my hands should I decide it's not for me, but I think she is out of luck. She looked fabulous with it all on - big difference. I didn't see that on my face, but I'm glad I'm not covered in zits with no hair!! Now that would be a sight for sore eyes!

No comments: