Sunday, January 15, 2006

Crazy Weather

Last night was a bit crazy!! I don't think I've ever heard of "wind storms" until I moved here, which would seem a bit odd to me. We had one last year and it was crazy! T had to work last night from 10PM and didn't get home until this morning around 10AM. The wind was howling all night and I do remember hearing a couple huge noises in our backyard last night. I was wondering what it might look like this morning!

One year, when we were back in our townhouse, T was away on a missions trip (always an adventure to be left home during one of these!) and we had what I can only describe as a cyclone in our back yard. I watched as our glass table on our deck was lifted up, turned over on it's side and shattered all over our second story deck, glass shards on our shed, all over our yard and our neighbor's yard. Also, all the toys in our backyard, including a Little Tikes playhouse were transplanted into our neighbors yard all piled on top of each other!! It looked like a small mountain of twisted toys!!

After several loud bangs last night I was sure the morning would show something of that nature. Fortunately, it was just our gas grill, fallen over, top gone and pretty busted. I think we might have been lucky!

No comments: