Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm gonna be on Oprah!!

Or at least that's what I was thinking today when I received this phone call...

I'm lying, no Oprah - YET! This afternoon a man called asking for "Sandra," and I promptly informed him that he had the wrong number. He then asked for T, my husband. I told him he was at work. He replied, "Well, I guess he's the one who would know Sandra." I told him I doubted that and asked what this was in reference to. He said it was about a "claim" involving insurance, later stating it was about an inheritance. He then asked if we knew "Patricia S." and I told him no, we didn't. He again thought that T might know more about these women.

After almost 12 years of marriage, I told this guy I highly doubted my husband would know two women I have never heard of, of course, stranger things have happened... The story then gets even fishier, as he starts rattling off the names of T's parents, where they live, where the soc. security cards were issued, he described T to me, and then the clincher - Sandra is from Fairfield, CT. I mean, how weird is that. I finally said to this guy, "Am I going to end up on Oprah or something??" He laughed, told me no...

I got this guy's name, because it turns out that Patricia, who they are having trouble locating, does have T's father's name. I had T call him, and by the time T called, this guy had figured out that he was actually looking for some other guy, who he found, in Baltimore with the same last name, first name, well, it's a stretch. Of course, identity theft did cross our minds. It's scary the amount of information these attorney's can scrounge up on someone. No wonder identity theft is such a problem.

So, no, I doubt I'll be on Oprah, and I'm glad about that. Of all the people I know, T would be the last on my list to have secret relationships. That's one of the reasons I married him - I can trust him. I know there are crazy stories of men who can't be trusted and I've even known some, but not this one. And if he is one of those men, more than Oprah will be looking for me!

No comments: