Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Biking Expedition


Em has been bugging me ever since she inherited Kt's "big girl bike" to take her to the park with it. Today was a balmy January day, in the upper 40's (UGH - I don't tolerate cold very well!), so I decided to take her.

While there, I remembered a post today by a blogging friend about posting pictures of a little stroll to Starbucks. We don't have a Starbucks, or anything for that matter, within walking distance except for our park. Our neighborhood has one entrance/exit onto a major road and inside, it's homes and a park. So, here's our little trip.

I also used my new toy - my camera phone. Pretty good quality for a phone!! It took me a while to figure it all out AND send the pics to my email AND download them AND post them here. I'm feeling a little, shall we say, geeky today!! T would be proud!

Em wanted to take one of me - with my new haircut. I had to practically lay on the ground because she was having trouble holding the camera up to take the picture. I forgot to take any for the earlier part of our day - haircut, post office, lunch with T. Oh well! This was so easy, I'll hopefully remember next time!

This is our exit from the park. The kids all love the sound of bikes and feet across this bridge, under which flows the tiniest stream you've ever seen. In fact, sometimes it's not there at all!

We made it across the bridge and while I was trying to send that picture, I was telling Em to slow down, then stop and finally STOP! I think the entire neighborhood heard me. But like the geeky mom that I am, I never took my eyes off my camera phone that I was pounding my email address into. The next time I looked up her bike was laying on it's side and she was covered in mud. No tears - she's fearless! She laughed the whole way!! Dangerous child - she's already a barbarian. HELP!


We made it home. This is our court and that's our house behind Em. There are 6 homes in our court so I always laugh at that speed limit sign. I'd like to see someone try to go 25 miles and hour around our little circle. Oh wait, the UPS and Fedex guys do it all the time!! I'm always curious to see the inside of their trucks after they try that one. That must be why they always stop once they get around - to adjust their heads!

Well, that was our excursion. If you have one to share, let me know because I'd love to see yours! Coming soon - more camera phone pictures - what fun;-)

3 comments:

tony sheng said...

geeking it up baby

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Thanks for the trip to the park today! We have had a really dry winter down here, but all of the snow is dumping in the mountains.

deanna said...

We are having a fairly dry winter, also. At least not much snow. This has been a very warm January, which is making me a bit nervous about Feb and March!! Glad you enjoyed it!

T - I knew you'd love this!