Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Christmas Addiction

One of my jobs at Christmas is to purchase Christmas and birthday gifts for my daughters from their grandparents. After doing that for myself, giving ideas to my whole family I sometimes am left dumbfounded and blank as to what to get for them. Then there's always the question of how much to spend...

This Christmas I tried something new. I bought them a gift to share because it was expensive and it's something they can (someday) play together. It's the leapfrog Explorer's Globe. It's a great teaching tool! and fun to play. Unfortunately, I think Em is probably too little for it right now. In fact, my brother, T, my mom and virtually every adult in the house became addicted to this thing! You can put on different levels and settings so that you are finding continents, countries, seas, cities. It's hard but amazing to see how quickly you begin to learn where everything is located. It helps that it keeps score - especially for my family. We're a little competitive in spirit!

The one thing it doesn't do is flags. So, here's one for you. Name the country that belongs to this flag:




Good luck!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

oh! i know!

it's Cameroon. wonder why you put that one there?! haha.

hope all is well... i miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I cheated..............I looked it up online. Bad Deana...bad...but now I know and I'll remember for next time!

deanna said...

LB - such a know-it-all. I understand you had a bit of a clue... Deana - I'm thinking we might have been poured from the same mold... haha - great minds think alike!