Friday, January 27, 2006

The Party's Over!

Well, I'd have to say it was a huge success, and more importantly my friend, C, who did her first Pampered Chef party here tonight, was thrilled!! Everyone who came knew that the credit earned would be for her to start her business, and they went nuts!! We had 9 people come and C ended up earning over $100 of free products. She didn't know that - it was a surprise for her after everyone left!! How fun! I'm still thinking about getting myself something, too.

I think I would love to have more parties here but not really to sell stuff - that's a bit uncomfortable for me. Everyone left with something - a little goody bag, food and I'm pretty sure everyone had fun. We also had several kids running around - they also had a blast. It really couldn't have gone much better than this!

I am very excited for C, even though I'm a bit frustrated that they felt they needed to do this. Her husband is an evangelist/missionary with Open Air Campaigners in our area so they live solely based on raised support. That's hard enough when you serve overseas, but I think serving in the US is almost harder. It's more expensive and people aren't as eager to support home missionaries. It was fun to serve C tonight in return for all that she and her husband do, for the many sacrifices they make to spread God's word on college campus and the cities around our area. I just pray that this job opens more doors for them and allows them to be better supported, or, shall I say maintained.

If you don't support a local missionary, find one! There are so many ways you can support them and their families and it isn't just about money (although that's very important!). I think you caring for them and recognizing the work they do speaks volumes.

No comments: