Friday, March 31, 2006

Had I Known...

I'm totally having a "Had I known..." day! I KNEW that my friend and her husband and two boys were coming to go to the aquarium with us this afternoon, so I cleaned my downstairs and went for a nice walk this morning (will try to post more about that later!). I returned home to a phone call from my friend. When I called her back, change of plans.... her husband is heading to NY today to help his sister move. She called this morning to ask if he would come - now, that's just insane! Then, on top of that, my friend's parents are in town. Old family friends, who I love dearly, and I'm so excited they are joining us today. But, the clincher - they are all spending the night! Had I known, well, my house might actually be ready for them! Please, pray for me if you have a moment!!! -eek-

3 comments:

doubleknot said...

Don't sweat the small stuff. What we see in our house others usually don't and if they do well tough - maybe they don't have kids, etc.
I stopped worrying about things - except to keep the dirt down - a long time ago. If I have to move some project off the couch for someone to sit I make no excuses.

Anonymous said...

just have fun with them! I'm learning to be more relaxed about my house too!

deanna said...

Well, so far, it's been fun! We are all exhausted! I have to go put my kids to bed, though, then the real fun begins!! hehe