Sunday, March 05, 2006

Curious George

I took the girls today to the movies and we saw Curious George. Now, I'm a huge Curious George fan. When everyone else was sleeping with dollies and teddy bears, I had George. I always went to bed with him and in the morning, he'd always be on the floor - that crazy monkey!! I remember being devastated when my mom pretended to have him get mad at me for letting him fall off the top bunk - mean mommy! (I think that was one of those backfiring things or something - she'll correct me if I'm wrong!) I can also remember checking out every large yellow Curious George book at the library. I even remember which shelf they were on at my old elementary school library. I absolutely loved him and always wanted a monkey for a pet. (Maybe that's why I married T!)

The movie today was cute, but it was not a real Curious George story. In fact, I fell asleep in the movie (oh, for shame!). I guess these girls have worn me out over these past couple of days!! Well, not really. Em almost fell asleep, too. It was a cute story, but I was really hoping for something classic. The music was excellent, I will give it that much. It was really just snippets of all the books put together to make a completely made up story. Yeah, I know, Curious George IS a made up story - but for me he was more than that!!

Between this and Eight Below, I'd go for the dogs!!

No comments: