Wednesday, March 29, 2006

To say I'm disappointed...

well that would be a bit of an understatement. Some points I find in here, lawmakers balking at an ammendment to more fully fund adult stem cell science (therefore the push for embryonic stem cell funding is obvious), the governor signing the bill even though he believes that legislation should not be necessary for funding science (so why did he sign it???) and the idea that "It furthers our reputation nationally and internationally. . . . It helps us retain our best and brightest here." I'm not just disappointed - I'm disgusted. When can we move? I'd rather have my tax dollars used for something that CREATES the best and brightest, not proposes to destroy what might become the best and brightest!! Use the money from the people who want this - PRIVATE FUNDING!!!

No comments: