Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ready or not!

I just got back from my Southern Living Party. It was at the home of a friend of mine who is the shabby chic queen!! I love any excuse to visit her and I just sit there in awe of her marvelous decorating skills, not to mention her ingenuity when it comes to refinishing furniture. I need to be under her tutelage!

Tomorrow morning I have some women coming over for Bible study - my house is still in a bit of disarray, even though I've spent most of today cleaning. A better part of the day was spent in one room of this house - Em's. That child is a living, breathing hurricane! I am guessing that while I was out tonight, she "redecorated" her room and that my time spent in there today was all in vain! I tried to get her to dismantle the "library" she set up in the living room. She was not happy about that! Why? Because I haven't returned the books I borrowed on free borrowing day! Tough!

When I got home I made my favorite egg casserole. Now, I need to clean the bathroom, the kitchen and the family room and I'm trying to decide whether to put in the cranberry-orange bread tonight or make it in the morning. Decision, decision, oh, pay me! (Do you remember that old ad for the LIFE game?) Anyway, I'd rather go to bed. It's been a long day and I've feel like I've accomplished little.

Tomorrow morning, here they all come!

5 comments:

friend said...

That sounds exactly like Mandy's life - so funny - Jennah has that same library but in her bedroom with our books. That is so funny we are in bed with lights off laughing out loud.

deanna said...

So nice to know I'm not the only one! Em has a regular check-out system and a storytime in place. Today one of her children got an "A" and the other one got an "Exactor." What I asked her what those were, she replied, "You know, when they do good they get an 'A' and when they do bad they get a squiggly in between two lines." Sometimes, I just wonder if it's doing any good at all, me staying home with her. I don't have a clue what is going on here!!

Good luck with your librarian - they are just too precious, aren't they?

doubleknot said...

My daughter is into shabby chic - I have shabby chic by default.
Sometimes sitting down and taking a breath to regroup is a good thing. Sounds like you have the major cleaning done - don't sweat the little stuff. Everyone has been there.

friend said...

Today I assigned my wife the task of lying on the couch all day cause she is so sick and has been working too hard cleaning the house. heh.

When I got home there was the libary of Jennah downstairs across the floor.

deanna said...

Oh, your poor wife! I wish Em and I lived closer. We could combine our libraries, have story times all while Mandy was resting! I can totally sympathize with her. I was sick for 8 months when I was pregnant with Katie. I remember one week of playing Diddy Kong and eating nothing but Chips Ahoy cookies and Combos - had to be pretzel and cheddar! It was awful!!! I hope this passes quickly for her!