Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Let's Dish Update!

It's been a month since I went to Let's Dish, so I thought (since there is so much interest out there!) I'd update you all and let you know how we liked it!! I am ready to go back because we really did like it a lot - the food has been mostly fabulous and the convenience can't be beaten, for me anyway!

One thing I do intend to do next time is only purchase 8 meals - 12 was great, but I'm not sure I would be able to do that again without my mom. I would also split the meals in half. We usually had half of the meal left over, so I know that for most of the meals, I could split them and probably end up with more like 14 meals!

Here are the ones we LOVED: Greek burgers with onions and feta, Chicken Chili, Chicken Rustica, Chicken with Rosemary Dumplings, and the Classic Herb Pot Roast. All of these were excellent - I would definitely make them again.

The ones we liked, and why: Chinese Five Spice Pork Chops - we aren't pork fans, and they were very dry, I'd make this again but use chicken, Roasted Garlic Chicken with Rice - the chicken was garlicky but the rice and veggies were lacking in taste and very dry.

We still have to try another Chicken Rustica and I have a Chicken in Tomato-Vodka Sauce with Spinach Linguini defrosting in my fridge. If you do this and freeze your meals, allow a couple DAYS for that defrosting action!! I put it in the fridge on Monday night and it's still a bit frozen!

We LOVED the Decadent Molten Chocolate Cakes - to die for! Very fattening, but delicious. They are worth making!! I think they may have been T's favorites.

I am looking forward to returning this April for more dishing. They have a different menu that includes a French Toast dish - I LOVE breakfast food! I'll have to let you know how my next menu goes.

1 comment:

doubleknot said...

I have never heard of Let's Dish before. It sounds interesting but my room mate and I are not big eaters - right now I am trying to figure out how to measure and split a box of hamburger helper so we will have two meals and it won't go to waste. We also don't have a large freezer. For those who are set up to handle the meals it sounds like a wonderful idea - I love the no clean up part.