Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bad Mood

I'm having one of those days where you just want to crawl back into bed a start all over again!! I have no idea why my day is going so poorly. I got plenty of sleep, it's sunny outside, I'm alive, breathing, have plenty of everything I need.... My 5 year old started the day by once again arguing about each and every thing. She wants to wear shorts, she wants something for breakfast we don't have, she doesn't want to wear sneakers, or a coat even though it's only 50 degrees out, the road work that they have been doing near her school has finally made to the entrance - can't wait until that's out of the way!, my tutoring sessions were annoying - my little kindergartener was no cooperative, my 3rd grader was the one ray of light in my morning!, I took myself to the lab for bloodwork - nightmare, an hour later I was picking up Em only to find that their program was running late, the last field trip of the year is a bus trip, costs $4/child, $6/chaperone - another farm trip! UGH! OK - enough of my run-on sentence. Anyway, there was no sign-up for the trip. That will be posted on Friday, the day that Kt has no school but Em does and we'll be lucky to get her there on time... And why am I paying for a field trip when I paid a $60 activity fee early in the year that was supposedly to cover all field trips AND they knew about this one before they came up with the fee because they told me all about it! I'm just downright annoyed.

I think I need to go back to bed and start all over again - ever have a day like this?

2 comments:

doubleknot said...

Oh yes, days like that used to happen all the time to me until I decided I wasn't going to sweat the small stuff and if my five year old wants to argue they argue alone. I have let my son go to school with his clothes wrong side out because he thought he would miss the bus if I made him change - just called the teacher and told her.

We all have these bad days - I feel for you I know how frustrating it can be and that feeling of wanting to just go back to bed and pull the covers over our heads - but good days do come around. And isn't it great you have a blog to vent on.

deanna said...

Yes - you are right! But I still want to go back to bed - hahaha!! A walk to the park might help, but I'm a bit frightened of my daughter today - actually, all this week. We'll have to see about that park!