Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spring???

Rumor has it spring is just around the corner. We are expecting warmer temps and some rain later this week. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! Em has a cold and the two of us just sat around the house today. I was just plain cold! I love warmer weather and am excited to start walking in the mornings, getting to the park, actually doing a little planting this year and eventually swimming again.

I imagine I am like a waking bear, out of hibernation, awakened by the scents and sounds of spring. I have seen more birds, smelled more, well, mold (yuck - but at least it's not frozen!) and am having more allergy attacks. Well, OK, I admit it, not everything about spring is fantastic, but it's way better than winter in my book.

Now off to have, hopefully, one of my last hot chocolates of the season. I realize this may be a bit premature, but I am hopeful. No more snow! No more snow! No more snow!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weather here??? 68 today..............38 tomorrow....don't know that we are finished with our cold weather!

Anonymous said...

Brr! 76-53 here he he.

deanna said...

Wow - I don't think we'll hit 68 yet, but it's supposed to be in the 60's all week next week and a bit rainy. The first year I lived here we had a HUGE blizzard in March, so I'll take rain over snow any day!! I do love spring, but I know winter can still rear it's ugly head!