Monday, March 20, 2006

Hangman

Tonight, while I was cutting class (I sent T for some cultural anthropology - I already took that at Gordon!), I played a little computer hangman game with my daughters. The older one and I were taking turns typing in words for the other to guess on her Oregon Scientific computer. We laughed when someone would win because I swear the sound of the "boat coming ashore" is really a toilet flushing!!

It was an interesting game, as my older daughter isn't the best of spellers. That might have something to do with the lack of spelling curriculum in her school system!!!! Anyway, after trying to guess her misspelled words, I finally came across one she spelled perfectly - NICOTINE. I was slightly taken aback! I mean, sure, teach them about smoking and all, but do you only have to teach them how to spell the bad things correctly?

1 comment:

doubleknot said...

What fun to play with your daughters. I am a terrible speller also and since I have spell check on my emails and posts most stuff gets spelled right.
Nicotine huh, at least she will regonize the word and hopefully stay away from it.