Monday, March 27, 2006

Cameroon

Looks like T will be heading to Cameroon this summer - at least that is our hope! Originally, we had talked about this year being our first trip with the girls. We wanted to give it a try. Of course, that was when we were thinking we'd be going to Europe. Africa is a different story. With over 20 hours of air travel, I'm going to pass this year. I'm slightly diappointed, because I think KT would love to go to Africa, but Em is a different story. I think she would probably end up being a bit more high maintainance, and for only 10 days, I really want T to be able to give quality time to his team and their purpose in Cameroon.

Our LA trip will be the longest the girls have been on a plane. Up to this point, the farthest they've flown is Orland0! That's a whopping 3 hours!!! I just think it's asking a lot of a 5 year old to spend a full day on a plane, then tell her her father is unable to do anything with her because he's busy working in this foreign country. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's my thinking right now.

I am very excited for this team - I think it's the right place to be heading and I'm certain that whatever happens, that God's fingerprints will be all over it. God does everything intentionally, with a purpose, and it's always to change lives.

No comments: