Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spring in D.C.

I found this link to a Cherry Blossom guide in the Washington Post. We are heading down to DC this weekend for the circus and are going to try to get ourselves to the Tidal Basin for a peak. Don't worry - we aren't planning to drive!! I know around our neighborhood the cherry blossoms are almost at peak, so I'm certain this weekend will be awesome! It's one of my favorite times of year, and around here, it's just beautiful!!

Last night T and I watched Memoirs of a Geisha and there was a scene with beautiful Cherry Blossoms - it just made me want to go downtown all the more! The movie was pretty good - very artistic, a bit slow and sometimes difficult to understand, even for T who has heard a lot of broken English in his lifetime!

So, if you are in or around DC this spring, don't forget to catch a glimpse of the gorgeous Cherry Blossoms, the beautiful fountains and all the signs of new life!

No comments: