Thursday, March 09, 2006

Things to Come

In the upper 60's today - YEAH!!! I am very excited, although I am still wearing a North Face fleece and jeans - just haven't gotten around to breaking out the spring garments yet! This morning, T tossed a book at me this morning and asked if I would read it. I won't mention the title yet because I'm a bit concerned that my little head can get through this thing, along with trying to finish the "measly" amount of reading I do for Perspectives each week. I told him I'd try.

As I peeked through the book, it occurred to me that this is the kind of book that carries me back to my Gordon College days. If I have to Webster the words in the Table of Contents, what does that tell me about the material that lies ahead??? I mean, really? Can't they present this kind of stuff in the form of a romance novel??? Why does it always have to be so dry, so "intellectual" or so esoteric?

Oh, well. I guess I'll try to read it. Of course, the whole while I'll be dreaming of princes and princesses, riding off into the sunset of missiological life. Yeah, I know, never happens. But I can dream, right?

No comments: