Friday, December 30, 2005

Favorite Post for 2005

I just do not understand how anyone can just choose one favorite post. I have way too many favorites. Instead of choosing one, I'll just have to tell you why certain ones were my favorites and let you guess which ones they were.

I loved any post about my family - they are so much fun, so funny and I love them all. I did a few about my dad because I wanted my girls to be able to read about him someday. Probably the funniest one about the girls was our visit to the dr. to get the flu vaccines - what a trip.

I like my posts that had comments on them, especially comments that made me think (thanks William!). My most frequent commenters are Jeremy, Colleen and T. I can't believe you guys read this so much! Thanks for you encouragement, your wise words and to Jeremy and T, thanks for the model of great blogging that you've given me. I appreciate it!

Finally, I loved my post about Disney. I know I'm a Disney nut, but some of our favorite family memories are from there. I can remember camping at Fort Wilderness as a child in our pop-up, carrying around our Disney "tickets" and watching movies by the campfire. I also enjoyed returning and staying in the resorts that we would never have dreamed of staying in with my parents. Of course, just seeing the look on your children's faces when actually there makes it all worth it.

Those are really all my favorites. For next year's blog, I guess it will be much the same as it is now. It's mostly a collection of thoughts from a middle aged, Christian mom who decided to blog as an outlet for all those pent up thoughts she was unable to share with her toddlers at home!! Thanks for reading, if you've stopped by, and your comments are always welcome. They make me feel like I'm not alone and sometimes they really make me use this brain of mine!! Not that God Himself doesn't give me plenty of food for thought, he just sometimes uses you to get my attention.

Happy 2006 a couple days early!

UPDATE: Had to add some more links for my OCDblogging husband, who informed me that if I wanted to a be a "top-notch" blogger that's what I needed to do. I'm sure he won't be happy with the two I added, but he'll just have to live with it!! If you need to read a top-notch bloggers favorite posts, you can go visit him.

No comments: