Friday, December 30, 2005

Mass Exodus

Well, that's it. We scared the last of the party bunch away. After an afternoon of shopping and a nice dinner at the Melting Pot, my mom, sister-in-law and brother returned to the news of Kt still sick, Em just getting sick. That little bit of vomit (haha) was enough to send my sister-in-law promptly into panic mode so they are packed and out the door. Just to add to our disappointment...

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, so she's really unhappy. It will be her first birthday alone. The last two years we have spent New Years together and had a wonderful birthday/new years celebration together. Now she will get dropped off and left at home. I'm kind of concerned about this so we are planning an IM fest tomorrow evening. I might even have to add a bit onto the phone bill. I really wanted to hop in the car with her but I guess I need to stay here and take care of my girls.

I'd have to say the most difficult thing about my dad dying has been times like these. I have always wanted to live closer to my family but that's never really been an option. So, here I am, having to send off my mom to an empty house on what should be one of the most fun days of the year. My girls are upset, I'm upset, my mom's upset and my sister-in-law, well, she doesn't care. My brother and T? Don't you all just feel sorry for them???

No comments: