Saturday, December 31, 2005

Won't Be Long Now!

Well, we've got 2 1/2 hours until the ball drops. I'll be lucky if I'm around to see it!! I'm feeling it already - the beginnings of the stomach flu! I know it's coming, it's just a matter of when...

We had some fun playing some of our new games. Em won our first game of Princess Monopoly. It was fun having T be pink Mulan!! I was the first to lose. After that we played Disney Scene It! It was Kt and T against me and Em - OK, against me! I won. It was pretty close, though. Kt's a pro at anything Disney. She takes after me!!

I'm hoping to join them for the Dick Clark special. I'm just not sure my stomach will hold out. It's a good thing I didn't have anything major planned, like a trip to Time Square! I've done that already. I went one year while I was in college. A friend of mine and I went with a small group from high school. We got a great deal on a hotel room (corporate rate through someone's father on a suite) about 4 blocks away. We had a great time - you know, running through police barriers, hanging out with people who decided it would be "fun" to sneak in some champagne. We ended up one block from the ball, right by Beefsteak Charlies - not there anymore. It was great fun for one time in my life. I don't think I'd want to do it again, but I might be persuaded, should I find someone who could afford a room right on Time Square so I wouldn't have to brave the cold again!!

NYC on New Year's is really something everyone should do once. I don't know how I'll feel when one of my girls asks to go, but at least I will have some spectacular memories from the time I did. I don't know what my mom was thinking?? We had about 9 people crammed into our hotel room. I didn't know most of them, but they were all really nice. A whole group of them actually missed the actual dropping ball event due to a fire on the subway, but we all met up afterwards, played some poker (why would you do that in NY? I'll never know!) and just had fun. If you ever do it, try to go with someone who is familiar with NYC. It definitely helps!

Well, Happy New Year to everyone. I'm off to, well, I'm not sure. It's promising to not be very pleasant, though!

No comments: