Friday, December 16, 2005

Here it Comes Again!

UGH! In September, I had bronchitis. It was awful, mostly because I'd never had it before and had no idea what it was. I wasn't coughing, I just couldn't breathe, sleep and I was tired all the time. When I finally called the doctor because I was sure I was dying a slow and painful death, they told me over the phone that it sounded like bronchitis, and it was. Even after a round of antibiotics, it still took weeks to feel better.

Now, I'm quite certain this was partially caused by our bathroom renovation. In our master bath, we had a serious mold problem, so the dust was incredibly, well, sickening! At least in my case it was. I had been sick most of August and never really recovered. When the tile was complete, T brought the shop vac up and "cleaned up" but left the vacuum in our room for a few days. That's when it started. I finally asked him to get that thing out of the house, change the filter, bleach it out, etc. I just didn't ask in time!!

So, here I am, only one day after thoroughly cleaning that same bathroom and I'm wondering if I found some of those same particles that started the last episode, because I'm feeling lousy again. The last thing I want to do is end up at the doctor's office again! If you all don't hear from me for a while, it's because I'm lounging around, inhaler in one hand, Robitussin in the other, with nary a finger to type!

No comments: