Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas All Day!

Even amidst our exhaustion from the last couple days, we had a fun-filled day of Christmas! We got up early (for us!) to head to a Christmas program at a large church north of Baltimore. Our neighbors attend this Church of God and Kt's friend, who stayed with us last week, was not only in this program, so was her brother and sister and her mother, who was the one who actually directed the entire program. It was awesome - Christmas in the Country. It was adorable. The girls loved it all, except for the hour and half church service that followed the hour long program!! That was a bit much.

Em, in her true second child fashion, managed to have a ballpoint pen explode in her hands, then got it all over her neck and beautiful Christmas dress she was wearing for the first time. All this was done during the show, so T and I didn't see it until the lights went on. By that time, there was ink all over the pews and, well, need I say more... It was rather embarrassing, but this sort of thing is becoming the norm for us. I guess there are no surprises after her 4 self inflicted hair cuts at the early ages of 2 and 3. I'm not sure anything would surprise us now!

We came home and baked for our annual Christmas dinner with two very important families. We had held off on baking as one of the children at the hostesses house had the stomach flu yesterday, but ended up getting together anyway. Stomach flu, shlomach flu! Actually, we couldn't find a date to reschedule, so we took a deep breath and dove in. Anyway, the girls and I baked a triple chocolate fudge cake, hershey kiss cookies (with sugar cookie dough due to a peanut allergy) and belly buttons. It was fun!! We love to bake together.

We then headed over to our friend's house, met up with another couple for dinner, which was fabulous. We all benefited from our one friend who has taken cooking lessons at a local restaurant, Donna's. Delicious! We ended our evening of fun and fellowship (so Baptist!) with Christmas carols. Kt had said to me earlier in the day, "Is this the 'Christmas Dinner'????" I looked at her kind of puzzled and replied, "What do you mean?" She said, "The one where Mr. Don brings his guitar and we sing Christmas carols?????" She was quite gleeful after hearing it was just that one - we all enjoy these evenings of fun.

Truth be told, these two couples mean the world to T and I. One is actually T's best friend from ages ago, a roommate and co-battalion leader when they did Christian Service Brigade. I taught with C from the other couple. These two couples asked T and I to be in a small group Bible study before we were married. It was quite scandalous!! As three young couples, us being the only engaged couple, we had an incredible Bible study, to date one of my favorites. We also did weekends at the beach, which were awesome. It is always a pleasure to meet up again with them and I'd love to be in a study with them again someday. Some really quality people.

So here we are, home sweet home. I can barely stay awake. I finally got T to commit to a Christmas present for the girls from his parents, so I feel pretty good about saying I'm done with their shopping. I have only a couple things left and a few gift certificates. After that, it's Christmastime!! Yesterday, while Em was at her birthday party I started wrapping gifts. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

No comments: