Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tip for Friends in Florida and California

I've admitted before that I play VMK, or Virtual Magic Kingdom. It all started when I got this Disney email (because I'm a Disney freak!) asking me if I wanted to be a "cool" parent and sign my child up for this virtual game free of charge. I took the bait, signed Kt up and have been playing online ever since. We aren't die hard fans, just log on each day, get our daily credits, I play some games for credit or magic and Kt loves to visit with online friends.

Now, one of the benefits to living in Florida or California is the close proximity to these theme parks. Our good friends live close to Disney World in Orlando and have seasons passes to the parks, which cost quite a bit of $$. They were kind enough to pick up some Holiday Quest cards for us when they visited the parks over Christmas. VMK quests are trivia questions you must answer in the park and then you pick up these cards for items you can only obtain if you visit. Well, we aren't planning any trips to Disney that I know of yet, so getting my hands on these items would be nearly impossible, but for some fabulous Florida friends!!

The went on the quest while visiting (which was a surprise for us!) and got their hands on 3 full decks of cards, plus some extra. Apparently, the trivia was a bit challenging - I won't tell you what they got. What I'm not sure they know (until they read this post!) is that I was trying to figure out what is in those decks of cards, so I did a google search on these holiday quest cards. I came across them on ebay, selling for $40-60!! With three decks (or more) of these cards, you could pay for your season's passes. If I were living in Florida, that's exactly what I'd do!!

Now, K and M, I love you both and I thank you VERY much for picking up these cards for us. We won't be selling them on ebay, but I wouldn't be offended if you decided to do that. Of course, Kt is already expecting one set, but I think that's a crazy deal! Thanks so much!

New Year's Resolution: play less VMK! It's just way too addictive!

No comments: