Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas Cards

I am in the kitchen, again! T graciously stayed home this morning with Kt so I could head into her school to tutor. He just decided to stay home, so here I am!! I am working on two Christmas card options. I took care of the photo thing and we are playing around with the idea of just that and a "Christmas Blog," where we would enclose a small note with the blog address OR I just wrote my own version of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Cards, my take off of the classical Night Before Christmas. I'm letting T choose what he likes. I might post my little poem, especially if he nixes it!! I added two extra stanzas - think anyone will notice???

You are welcome to vote. Every year we do a card, a picture and a letter. Every year about 10 out of the 50+ people we send that to might read the letter. This year, we skipped the card, ordered photo cards and are doing something shorter and maybe sweeter. Don't know yet. Do you read your Christmas letters???? or poems????? or cards????????

A friend of mine just mentioned to me yesterday that Christmas cards are overrated and overpriced. No one looks at them, reads them, cares for them. I'm not sure I agree, but I do know that I only save the pictures I get (because I'm a photo freak!) and I do read the letters, most of the time! I love creative Christmas letters but get very few. My original idea was to actually create a Christmas blog and then print it out so it was a "blog letter," but once I realized how difficult that would be, not to mention all the ink it involved because blog pages aren't just black and white!, I decided it probably wouldn't work. Thus evolved the Christmas blog idea, however some people either don't care to look something up online or don't have internet. (Crazy, but true...)

Feel free to include any great Christmas message ideas - I'd love to hear them because I'm still undecided, and my kids reminded me today that Christmas is now only 11 days away. I guess I better make a decision quickly. That's just not my thing...

UPDATE: T likes my silly poem, so we're skipping the Christmas blog for this year. Everyone is getting a poem. Apparently, my mom, my only voter (and she's not even a blogger!), won, too. Congratulations, Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well your mother votes for the picture and the poem.

deanna said...

Thanks, Mom, you're vote counts!!