Friday, December 16, 2005

National Aquarium

This weekend is the grand opening (several months delayed!) at the National Aquarium in Baltimore of the new Down Under exhibit. I am very excited as my mom just purchased us this awesome membership package for Christmas. We have been members in the past, but they have revamped the whole package, I guess because of this huge addition, so the benefits have dwindled and the package has become much more expensive.

I cannot wait to see this new exhibit. Good friends of ours from CT will be in town for this event. I'm disappointed we won't be able to see them, but I'm hoping I can convince them to return with my mom sometime. I've written about them before - they are those really good friends of my parents who still hang out with my mom all the time. Anyway, Mr. G works for the company that installed all the plumbing in this new exhibit. Apparently, he's been down here every week for about two years. Have we ever seen him here?? NO! Oh well - being only 15 minutes from downtown Baltimore, it's hard to believe we've missed him, but work is work. He says he flies down in the morning, works, then flies home. No time for us!

Anyway, I would highly recommend this aquarium UNLESS you have stroller bound children. No stroller allowed, only backpacks that are provided. Through February they have a great discounted rate after 5 PM on Friday nights, which is typically a slow time to go anyway. It's very inexpensive and combined with dinner at the Inner Harbor, it's a great evening. I'm excited to be spending more time down there this year with our passes. We can bring along two visitors for free, so if you're planning to be in the area...

No comments: