Thursday, December 08, 2005

Snow, sleet, freezing rain...

what more could we ask for?? How about some temps in the 90's!! I am so not a winter person. I could easily enter into deep hibernation right after Thanksgiving and reawake sometime after Memorial Day! Instead, I have three birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter to make the winter months a little more bearable!

Here's a brief synopsis of last night:

I go to Bible study, which was great!, return home to T waiting for me at the garage interior door. He never does this unless we are returning from a long trip and haven't seen him in a while, so I knew something was up. He tells me that Kt's friend, who has been staying with us a couple days/nights, is gone. She was crying in bed, he let her call her parents, she was off to stay with the neighbor's who were watching her brother and sister. That was fine, for many reasons. The main namely that this poor little girl could only sleep with the door wide open, out to our two story, very noisy foyer, and T found out he had to work all night. We had been wondering how that would work, him on the phone and computer from midnight until 7:30 this morning. Problem solved!!

And yes, T had to work and he's currently trying to sleep it off while "working from home," so Em and I are heading out to gather party goods in a very crowded grocery store, I'm sure, due to the upcoming storm. It will be less than pleasant... but we're up for the challenge. We have plans A, B and C (for cancel) for our party tomorrow. Kt only knows about plans A and B! I'm hoping we don't have to visit plan C, because our lives are too busy to reschedule before the end of the year. What a bummer for your very first slumber party.

We're off to collect the essentials: popcorn, chex mix, M&M's, chocolate fondue (well, OK, not essential, unless your daughter asks for it!) with all the fixins, chocolate chip pancakes, earplugs!

UPDATE: Read here for what we are in for. I'm hoping I'm not to the North and West of DC - but I guess that's wishful hoping! Geography sort of speaks for itself!

No comments: