Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow, Birthday Parties and other craziness...

It snowed! We actually woke up to sunshine and about 4-5 inches of snow, no school, T "working from home," party plans and wildly excited children. I'm taking a breather now to update yesterday's anxiety about what to do for Kt's first slumber party tonight. I think we're going to go ahead and go bowling! Of course, the girls are thrilled about this, they haven't a thought in the world about safety, icy roads, car accidents. And just as well.

Kt is beside herself excited. She told me the first thing she thought about when she got us this morning was, "WOW! Today is my slumber party day! It's finally here!!" I'm trying to come up with a list of things I can make her do for me since she being extra compliant! Ah, just kidding! The three other human bodies in this household are out in the snow. T is shoveling, the girls are sledding and I'm left getting the party ready.

Yesterday I linked to a very small story about our snowstorm on the Washington Post as an update to my party plans. I had no idea so many people were interested in snow! I received visit after visit from that link - funny!

I personally am not a fan of anything having to do with snow. On one of T's and my first dates, we went sledding at a park in the area - Pilgrim Hills. I learned a very important thing about T that day - don't trust his driving, especially in inclement weather! Having grown up sledding down HUGE hills in CT, I never dreamed that he would wipe us out only seconds after we'd started. Fortunately, we'd picked up no speed whatsoever, but his wipeout in the brush produced a huge scrape down the side of my face. He's lucky we're married - I was furious! I've never gone sledding with him again. I'm a little leery of him sledding with the girls, too, but I've learned to turn away and let them experience their daddy without a contentious woman in the background.

Enough about snow, sledding, parties. I've got some work to get done. The girls are acomin' and I think T is going to try to round up some late night sledders. He's been hinting at wanting to hit the high road tonight when we return from bowling - having three girls around all the time, he knows better than to stick around with seven!!

1 comment:

deanna said...

We did, thank you! I love a snow that comes in the night. We had a beautiful sunny day before, snow all night and another beautiful day today - it was perfect. I think it's warm enough to melt it all, too - which I love!