Thursday, December 15, 2005

Notice Something Missing?

So, I sent my daughter off to school today. I wasn't sure she was going as she was home sick yesterday, but fortunately she felt much better. Fortunately, because today I have it!! I feel lousy!! Anyway, I sit down here to check my email AFTER I've shipped her off to school and visit my local news to find "Complete list of delays and early closings" across the top of the screen in red. I promptly go to weather.com and find freezing rain/sleet/snow heading our way. Then onto the Washington Post where our weather has made front page AGAIN! So, what's missing? Practically every county in the state of Maryland is sending their precious children home early, except for Howard County?????!!!!!! Why is that? I'm beginning to wonder if I should have kept her home from school!

UPDATE: 10:15 - Howard County closing 3 hours early - that's a first! They typically have a 2 hour early close. I guess parents are scrambling now! I feel better!

No comments: