Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sneaking Suspicion

I have one of these about how awful I feel right now. I'm thinking that once Christmas is over I will feel much better. I'm contemplating calling the doctor, which for me is always the very absolute last resort. I avoid my doctor at any and all cost. I feel so awful, though, it may be my only alternative. I've tried every cold remedy I'm allowed, except maybe sleep, because I have a billion things to do before everyone arrives TOMORROW!! I'm beginning to accept the fact that Kt's teachers will likely only receive the gift certificates I've gotten them, not the other goodies we typically make. It's just not happening, along with cleaning the whole house, wrapping gifts and a week of the worst cold I've ever had. We currently have 16 people coming for Christmas dinner - thankfully, every other adult in this house will be helping with the cooking because I'll be lucky if I can get up in the morning!!

Believe it or not, I'm still excited about Christmas. Sure, I wish I felt better, but it could be way worse. Watching my dad at Christmas with lymphoma I know it could be a lot worse than a cold, or even bronchitis. I'm here, my family is coming, Santa is on his way (haha), and I might even get away with having some quiet time to myself with a full house, considering no one will want to come close to me! Maybe I'll actually feel better - now that would be a miracle.

No comments: