Thursday, December 08, 2005

Christmas Letter

Once again, I find myself uncertain as to whether or not to write a Christmas letter. Each year, it seems, I procrastinate longer and am less enthusiastic about the whole thing. I mean, do people really read them? Is it just a brag letter?? Would a sheet of pictures suffice or do people really want to hear all the little details? I just don't know what to do.

This year is particularly bad, for what reason I have no idea. I have looked several times for Christmas cards to send out and have yet to find even one box that I like. It's terrible! If you get a card from us, considered yourself just plain lucky! It's weird because we are ready, decorated, shopped to the max, all lit up but I am in a funk about these cards. Maybe it's because every time I start looking at cards, it's time to go pick up the kids. Or maybe it's because every time I'm looking WITH the kids, they are picking out all the racy ones (unknowingly) or the Rudolph ones or the Invitations to an Open House - not doing another one of those! It's frustrating, and to make matters worse, my one uninterrupted shopping day of the week, tomorrow, I'll have two winy kids home during an ice storm. Like I said, lucky if you get one!

T and I are working on something unique, which means, again, you'll be lucky if you ever see it! It's a new idea, a little complicated and we aren't even sure it is doable. So, we'll spend HOURS on this thing, cutting, pasting, printing, etc. and, like I've said before, you'll be lucky... No, we'll be lucky!

No comments: