Saturday, December 10, 2005

Presents

I am weary from purchasing presents for my girls. Every year the burden of buying not only Christmas but birthday presents falls on my shoulders. It's difficult enough figuring out what to get them from us, but then I have to shop for T's parents, also, who give us a nice chunk of money that I really don't know how to allocate. I'd LOVE to just put all the money their bank accounts, but that idea is generally nixed. So, here I am, shopping. I've asked T about 20 times what I should do and receive the, "What do YOU want to get them?," and blank stare and then he disappears. I'm think of putting him in charge of spending the money this year. I'm just totally sick of it.

What do I get an 8 year old? girl?? She desperately wants an American Girl doll trunk, at the whopping cost of $175 + shipping. She also wants a computer, nothing big, just a laptop! I posed the idea to T about getting her an MP3 player, as she is constantly using mine - he nixed that idea. I'm totally stumped. I have no clue what to do.

As for Em, just about anything will do, she is so easy to buy for at the age of 4/5. It's just that we have almost everything from that age from Kt! We are just overloaded with stuff!! I've managed to convince her to give some of it to her cousin, Sky, but there are many things she is unwilling to let go of. Being a bit of a softy when it comes to things, I hate to make her give up things she loves and try to remember that she is still young. If I had it my way, we'd be done with many of the younger toys and they would all be moved to the basement.

I'm just tired of shopping, tired of being the one who is guilty of overspending, tired of carrying all the coupons around to all the toy stores, tired of shopping online for overpriced merchandise with ridiculous shipping costs, tired. I think I might just be tired.

Anyway, I'm currently open to receiving any ideas you might have for Kt. If you have an old Samantha trunk you'd like to sell me, I'm all ears!

No comments: