Sunday, December 04, 2005

Cheap Labor, Great Food!

All day yesterday I had my house cleaned by two wonderful young ladies at the affordable rate of $6!! I'm feeling lucky. Not only did they clean, but they decorated for me. My house was transformed into a Christmas wonderland. What made it so special was that they did it just the way they wanted to, because it's their house!

Yes, I violated every child labor law and put my kids to work yesterday. I actually think they had fun. Kt was begging for more money, I mean work so she could earn more money. Every question started with, "So how much ?" Em, on the other hand, just worked for money, amounts meant nothing to her. When I told her at bedtime she had earned $2, she said, "You mean, 2 REAL dollars?" She cracks me up!

After all that hard work, we had an amazing progressive pot luck with our neighbors. Appetizers down the street, main dish here and dessert at another neighbors house. Everyone pitched in, the food was incredible as always and we all ate way too much. It was great fun for the kids - they had three different homes to wreak havoc on and there was plenty of food for them to munch on. I would highly recommend this activity for all neighborhoods.

By the end of the evening, the men had gathered in the last kitchen and we could hardly get them to leave. I thought that was kind of funny! I'm guessing usually it's the women who can't be pulled apart, but these men were in some kind of huddle. Next thing you know, they'll be planning men's nights out and lawnmower races!!

Have I mentioned before how much I love our neighborhood? I forgot to put that on one of my Thanksgiving leaves...

No comments: