Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

I'm really getting sick of the rain!! And checking out the 10-day weather channel forecast for the DC area, I'm not sure it's ever going away! I'm pretty sure I have SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder - because when the sun doesn't come out, for a really long time, I just can't deal with it. I do not like cold, wet weather for weeks on end. I need some sunshine!!

Em and I are kind of moping around here, planning where to go so we don't end up moping around all day! We are going to have lunch with Kt at her school, then we have gymnastics later. Kt has a friend coming over after school and for dinner, which will be fun because T won't be coming today! He has to speak at an Intervarsity large group meeting at the University of Maryland. Fun.

Em said to me this morning, "Do you know what 'deaf' is??" I said, "What??" because I love to hear her explanations of things... She replied, "'Deaf' is when you can't hear, like Snowball (the cat next door) has 'deaf'." I replied, "If someone is deaf, how do they talk?" She replied, "Well, Snowball is a cat. He can't talk!" So simplistic! The great thing about this conversation is that #1. My cousin has a son who is deaf, and #2. I know from volunteering in Em's school that her preschool teacher is teaching the children some simple sign language. So, we had a little lesson on what it means for a person to be deaf and how they communicate. She was extremely interested and thoughtful about this subject, which is funny because she typically loses interest pretty quickly. I have a feeling we'll be revisiting this subject.

Well, I'm off to dry my hair so I can out in the rain and get it wet again! I could tell Em something corny, like God is crying, but she'd probably believe me!

No comments: