Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Mini EKG

So today I have to wear this Holter Monitor. It's a 24 hour EKG. I'm wearing this as a result of some other tests that my doctor decided she needed to run, all of which came back NEGATIVE for what she was looking for, but POSITIVE for something she doesn't even think I have. Hmmm... so in a way, this is the consequence of my doctor's thoroughness.

It's fine - kind of a pain to wear, all these wires and then this Blackberry size monitor. Not allowed to take a shower or get it wet, so my family will have to suffer a bit! I've been a bit nervous about the whole ordeal. Even though my doctor doesn't seem to be all that nervous, she's not a cardiologist. My father's mother died of a heart attack when he was 16, his father died of a heart attack right after my dad got married at 24, so there's not a great track record in my family. My cousin, who is slightly younger than me, has been on blood pressure meds since he was 13! and I have been on them since I was 25. So, even though my doctor doesn't think this will result in much I'm not holding my breath here!! We might very well find something.

Then again, maybe we won't and I should just calm down... That might actually HELP with this little test. So, I'll stop right here. T tells me my posts are too long for him anyway. So, maybe they are just meant for a few who enjoy a laugh! Anyway, if you are reading, you can pray for my little test today - I'd appreciate that!!

No comments: