Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mickey vs. Wilma

Today when I picked up Em at preschool, I ran into another student's au paire. She was around last year so I do know her. She mentioned they are leaving tomorrow for Disney World - I immediately felt a tinge (alright, a big pang!) of jealousy. They are staying at the Wilderness Lodge - we've never done that. We've eaten there, but never stayed there. This au paire has never been, she's from Germany and she's super sweet. She has extended her stay with this particular family three times now! It's a great fit.

Anyway, as I'm rambling on to her how much fun it's going to be, how magical it is, how it will be perfect because school's in, it's not Christmas there yet, etc. it suddenly occurs to me that Wilma just turned into the largest storm in Atlantic Basin history of hurricanes. Hmmm... I mentioned this to her and she said they were a little worried. Hmmm... well, I'm still a little jealous! I must be crazy.

No comments: