Thursday, October 27, 2005

Know It All!

Em announced to me today that she could finally count. Her demonstration counted every number to 23, skipping only 13. Now I was quite impressed!! She is not my know it all, but she was so close this time. It warmed my heart.

I said to her, "Em - that was wonderful!! You only missed 13!" She smiled, all content. Then she said to me, "When I was three, I did not even KNOW the number 20. Now I'm four and I can COUNT to twenty. I can't wait until I know it all!"

I couldn't resist, so I asked, "And just how old do you have to be before you know it all?" She just rolled those beautiful eyes and said without hesitation, "You have to be a teenager. A teenager knows it all!! And I can't wait to be in high school!" She is so ahead of her years!

No comments: