Friday, October 07, 2005

Pot Luck

Sometimes I feel like that is a great description of our neighborhood - which I LOVE, by the way! It was no mistake that God dropped us right in the middle of this multiethnic, strongly Christian community and it has been such a blessing for us. Tonight was our neighborhood potluck that we have been involved in since we moved here almost 4 years ago!! A bunch of us get together, rotate homes and share all kinds of great food - Korean, American, Philippino, Chinese, you name it, we've got it!! Sometimes we even have our Indian neighbors join us with their phenomenal cuisine. And before we eat, we all gather around the table and bless the Lord for the food, our great neighbors and our neighborhood.

We didn't know that many of our neighbors are Christians, and even when we aren't sure, we still pray. And I hope they know we are Christians not because we say we are, or because we pray before we eat all that wonderful food. I hope they know because of the way we act, that we are protraying the love of Christ in our everyday actions. If there ever was a "comfort zone" for us, it's right here. I'm not really sure why God plopped us here, which He did in an incredible way (some other post, some other time!). I guess someday we'll know.

For now, we eat!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

hahaha. i seriously laughed out loud at this entry and had to explain it all to my friend, caitlin.

i love your girls

deanna said...

Hey Leslie - it's good to hear from you! It's nice to have other people love my girls:) We all miss you - come home soon!

Leslie said...

i just realized that i commented on the wrong entry. i didn't laugh at your potluck. i laughed at the previous entry about the girls... :)

deanna said...

You know, that's what I thought! Glad you enjoyed it. Emily's been crying all night that she wanted to go see Third Day with Tony and the Space kids - in the pouring rain. I should have sent her with them!!