Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Warm Halloween!

A neighbor of mine and I have been griping for 2 weeks now while we wait each morning and afternoon for the schoolbus about how freezing cold it has been. It's been fun and miserable!! I commented last week that I really needed to pray for a warm Halloween, because I didn't feel like dragging my kids around in these subzero temps! (OK - so I exaggerate a bit, it's only in the 40s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) My neighbor is from India and practices Hindu so I didn't think she would really take me seriously. I mean, I only prayed for warm weather WHILE I was freezing my butt off everyday!

This morning we waited in the heat of the sun, it's around 60, heading up to the 70's today - YEAH!! She says to me this morning, "I'm going to start asking you to pray for things because your prayers work!" Now, she was totally joking (I think!?!) but I was kind of surprised that she remembered I said that. Mental note to self: don't joke with your neighbors about praying unless you are really going to do it! You might make God look bad!!

Anyway, a quick praise to a God who, even though I'm totally ignorant, He saved my butt today! It's a good thing he loves us all so much - especially my neighbor. (I can be such a loser!) I'm loving this warm weather!!

No comments: