Friday, October 14, 2005

Miss Vanessa

I love Em's preschool teacher! It is so nice to know someone whose personality is so compatible with your own. I also love that she appreciates Em and is so easy-going with her. She is always right-on in her assessments of students. She has hit is on the nose with Em every time!

Today I mentioned to her jokingly that at the first sign of the bird flu, she wouldn't be seeing Em anymore. I told her T will have us quaranteened until there's a cure! We had a good laugh about it, talked about how I'd have to order all these homeschooling materials to go along with all the "supplies" we have begun to stockpile in our basement. I haven't told her yet about the generator T plans to buy. Not sure where we will put that in the budget, yet!

When I went to pick up Emily today, Miss Vanessa mentioned that she seemed really tired today, had cried a bit in the morning (very unusual for her) and just wasn't all that happy. I agreed with her. Em's my morning person and I couldn't wake her up this morning!! She was sound, sound asleep. No fever, she wasn't even hot! Just sleepy.

As I was leaving, Miss Vanessa whispered to me, "Maybe it's the bird flu????" all wide-eyed. Then we both just busted out laughing. Did I mention how fun she is to have as Em's teacher?? (That's why I couldn't say no!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned that I absolutely adore you :)!

deanna said...

I'm sure you have - and we all feel the same about you!! thanks!:)