Friday, October 14, 2005

Katrina continues..

I've mentioned this before, but I am continually amazed by this one church in Louisiana. Since Katrina they have had such an incredible ministry in their community. Their needs are tremendous, but they are answering a call that was theirs before time began. I would encourage you to stop by their site sometime and read the letters from the pastor there, Mike Sprague. He used to pastor at a church in Silver Spring but moved to NO around 9 years ago. It has been our pleasure as a church to partner with them. We have sent three teams down and have made a full year financial commitment to them. I think it is well worth the investment, especially with all the stories I keep reading. Here's a funny one from today that made me just shake my head, and there are so many more in his letters.

One team member was amazed and undone by God’s ability to provide. He had come to Louisiana without the cord to recharge his cell phone and couldn’t locate the right cell phone store in the area to get a new one. After his team completed a major tree clearing job, the team went deep into some bushes/tree area and oddly, there was a cord hanging from a bush. As they took a closer look, they were dumbfounded that it was the exact cell phone recharger that this man needed. Coincidence or divine appointment? Had it gone through the hurricane? How did it appear in the middle of nowhere? The fingerprints of God? I say “yes”!
If you get a chance, stop by and be encouraged by God's faithfulness in our greatest need. If you feel so led you can also make a donation. But most importantly, you can add them and their ministry to your daily prayers. I think it's obvious that they won't return void!

No comments: