Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dreamer

My mom and I took the girls to see Dreamer today. We all loved it! It's definitely a feel good movie, very predictable, very kid friendly and a great ending (I won't spoil it). We each had our favorite part. I liked the part where... well, I just don't want to ruin it. I will tell you Em's favorite part. It went something like this:

I really liked in the beginning and I loved the ending. And I also liked
all that stuff, you know, in the middle, the rest of the movie.

My little animal lover liked it. Kt liked it, but I couldn't get her away from the life sized advertisement for Narnia - she is so interested in that movie. I'm thinking if we take her, we'll find something else for Em to do. I'm not sure she will understand it.
My mom really liked the movie. Movies in Connecticut are a staple. We hardly ever visit without going to the movies. My parents used to go all the time, there was rarely a movie they hadn't seen. In fact, T and I never wasted money on a movie without a review from them. My mom has started going to movies by herself. She said she's tired of waiting for my brother or his wife to want to go, so she just goes by herself. Which reminds me, I need to keep praying for a friend for my mom.
Dreamer was a great rainy day activity. We love Dakota Fanning and it was fun to see Kurt Russell again. While it had a lot of the same story elements of Racing Stripes, I think it was an easier watch for the girls. We might even buy this one for keeps!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds cute!

I will pray for a friend for your mom, too. They're important. She sounds like a sweetie.

I love your blog D!

Em G.

deanna said...

thanks, em! she appreciates the prayers and so do I. I'll have to let you know what comes of them... how's your college search going? still want to visit Gordon? see you, de

Anonymous said...

Umm I'll come play with EM :) when you take Kt to see the movie...:)

deanna said...

Em would love that - it might make up for Kt getting to go to the movies without her!! T really wants to take Kt and I know it's on her list of things she must do. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well I run a daycare at my house...so I am well equipped with fun things to do...so she could even come to my house and play which might make it even more special! If you EVER need a babysitter...I babysit ;)!

deanna said...

Thanks for the babysitting offer - we may just take you up on that!!