Tuesday, October 18, 2005

More pics of Pabu


This is my dad, "Pabu," as Kt started calling him when she was 1. This is his first summer after chemo, surgery and more chemo. He sadly rarely smiled like this unless the girls were around, so we frequently made trips up to CT. While Em doesn't remember him much, she used to love to sit with him in his chair. The girls would pick up M&M's on the way to CT and share them with him - a favorite treat. That's my dad's TV chair!




This is my dad dancing with Kt at my brother's wedding. It's the last day that remember my dad being truly happy. We aren't really sure how he made it through the day. We gave him the morning off to rest, so he went over to the hotel where all the guests were staying and had breakfast with his sister and her family and anyone else he could round up. He then came home for a short nap and went over to the church. He and I read scripture together in the service, he made it through a photo session and then onto the reception. The rest of us were exhausted, he just kept on dancing.

I love this picture, because Kt had so much fun with him that day. My dad beamed the entire day, his last child getting married to someone who has been a part of our family longer than T! The Monday after the wedding my dad entered Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC for an autonomous stem cell transplant. This was really his last amazing day!

No comments: