Friday, October 28, 2005

Mini Vacation

Well, we made it to York, PA!! It's almost everything we'd hoped for. The hotel is nice, it's relaxing, the hot tub is great, T is having a fun time - sent me a message that the "peeps are great - totally sold out for kids and mission," so some great time for him (YEAH!!!). I just have one issue: the pool is FREEZING!!! I mean, I'm quite certain someone called ahead of us and asked them to dump coolers full of ice in the pool for our arrival!!

Kt's a fish, so she jumped right in, swam around like it was the perfect pool temperature. Em sat on the side while I blew up her floatie that, even though she doesn't need it, we've forgotten some of our newly learned summer water skills, so it's more for me than her! I finally meander over to the pool and - WOOHOO!! - I'm looking at Kt like she's a total nutcase!! Even Em could only take it for so long before she asked about the "little pool" which I was quite happy to introduce her to!

We headed over to the hot tub, spent a few minutes splashing in there until she forgot how cold the big pool was. Then, without discussing this with me first, we're heading back over to the big pool again - complete TORTURE at this point.

Eventually we all made it into the hot tub, then finally back to the room. I had considered for a fleeting moment just pretending with Tony that he missed the most awesome pool! I'd send him and girls down first thing in the morning, bright and early to take a "quick" dip, and I mean quick!, before we head off to the big pumpkin patch. I just couldn't do it, though. He was already, tonight, wondering if he should just stay here with us instead of meeting all the "cool peeps" so I didn't want him sneaking out early to try to take a quick dip in this pool that conveniently stays open until 11. I sent him a little text message so he would know to just enjoy himself... and that is what he is doing! (smile)

2 comments:

Jeremy Del Rio said...

Thanks for loaning us your hubby for the night!

deanna said...

Thanks for the invite - he enjoyed hanging out with you all - was very impressed!! It was truly the highlight of his weekend, most likely his month! We look forward to hopefully working with you all some day with some of these amazing students.