Tuesday, November 29, 2005

True Believer

I just finished this Nicholas Sparks book and, of course, loved it. Under my gruff exterior (slight exaggeration) I'm really a hopeless romantic!! The book was pure entertainment, took a couple days to read, interspersed with all the daily chores, life. I love to read, but it's difficult to find any uninterrupted time for it. I can get totally lost in a book only to be riveted out of my fantasy world by kool-aid stained kisses and desperately seeking homework help requests. It's not like I'm back in high school or college, when I had random hours to kill by allowing words on a page to carry me into another world, or time or life.

I definitely enjoy Nicholas Sparks, and have even convinced my husband to read a couple of his books, reluctantly maybe. :- P T is more of the ministry, missions, sermons in a book type of reader. He also enjoys "reading" the Patagonia catalog! I have tried to read some more serious material, Beth Moore and Tammy Trent (did finish her book), but sometimes I just need fluff! Now, I'm just waiting for the movie...

No comments: